Jobs at GV
Work and career opportunities with Global Village English Centres
Join the GV Team
Do you want to be part of our teams? GV schools in Canada & Hawaii (USA) are now hiring for the following positions*:
- ESL Teachers for adults
- ESL Teachers for Teen Activity Program (July and August only)
- Summer Teen Activity Monitors
- Substitute ESL Teachers
ESL Teachers (adults): Must possess a B.A., B.Ed., or B.Sc., a TESL certificate from a TESL Canada recognized institution. A minimum of one year teaching experience in Canada or abroad preferred.
ESL Teachers (teenagers): Must possess a B.A., B.Ed., or B.Sc., a TESL Certificate or ESL Parts 1 and 2 from the Board of Education as well as experience teaching teenagers.
For employment in Canada, all teachers are required to have the following minimum level of qualifications as prescribed by Languages Canada:
1) an undergraduate degree from an accredited university; and
2) a minimum of 100 hours of TESL training including both theory and a supervised practicum (of at least 20 hours) from a TESL Canada recognized, Languages Canada approved teacher training program.
3) One year or more teaching experience preferred.
Summer Activity Monitors: The ideal candidate must be enrolled in post secondary education and have experience in leadership, tourism and/or coaching. Candidates should be interested in working with teenagers from around the world and have knowledge about the city they're applying for and Canada. This position has afternoon and evening hours as well as some weekend work.
*Positions and requirements vary depending on school/location. Please contact the schools directly for specific information. Work visa may be required in the USA.
GV Vancouver: IELTS Examiners
Download information sheet and email for more information.
How to Apply
To apply for a job with GV, please email your CV/resume with cover letter to the following addresses. Please specify the city/school in the subject of your message.