Refund Policy (Canada)
Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary & Victoria
GV Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Toronto
(all fees in Canadian dollars, CAD)
The registration fee is non-refundable at all times. The Homestay placement fee is non-refundable except in the case as outlined in the Homestay Refund Policy below. To apply for a tuition refund, the student, or agent must submit a written notice of withdrawal. There are no refunds for classes missed due to holiday, graduation, orientation, and/or other situations beyond the school's control. In this policy,the word "program" refers to the full cycle of studies in which the student registered.
Tuition Refund Policy
1. Effective before the start date
1.1 If a student cancels 30 days or more before the start of the program, the school will retain 25% of the fees due under the contract and refund 75% of the fees to the student.
1.2 If a student cancels less than 30 days before the start of the program, the school will retain 40% of the fees due under the contract and refund 60% of the fees to the student.
1.3 If a student’s permit application is rejected,the school will refund 100% of the total tuition fees and Homestay, except Registration and Homestay Placement Fee.
2. Effective after the start date
2.1 If a student cancels (or is dismissed) within 5 calendar days of the start date of the program, the school will return 50% of all tuition fees paid under the contract.
2.2 No refund will be paid if a student cancels (or is dismissed) when more than 5 days of the program have been completed.
2.3 Refunds on postponed starting dates are based on the original start dates (applies also to students transferring from one GV school to another).
Homestay Refund Policy
1. If written cancellation notice is given 12 weeks or more before beginning of homestay, all money will be refunded including homestay placement fee.
2. If written cancellation notice is given less than 12 weeks before beginning of homestay, all money will be refunded except for the homestay placement fee.
3. For refund requests after commencement of Homestay: The student should inform the GV Homestay Office in writing three weeks before the end of the homestay period if he/shedecides to terminate the agreed homestay period. If the notification period is less than 3 weeks, then in addition to the non-refundable notification period,a $150 cancellation fee will apply. If the host family has failed to meet the Homestay conditions, the student will be moved to another Homestay, and there will be no refund given for the period of homestay already used.